Starting Feldenkrais can be easy and accessible for anyone. Here are a few steps to get you started:
- Find a practitioner: A good way to start is by finding a qualified Feldenkrais practitioner in your area. They can guide you through the exercises and help you tailor the practice to your needs and goals. You can search for practitioners on the Feldenkrais Guild website, or by asking for referrals from friends or healthcare providers.
- Attend a class or workshop: Many practitioners offer group classes or workshops, which can be a great way to get started and learn the basics of the method. You can also check with local yoga studios, community centers, or adult education programs to see if they offer Feldenkrais classes.
- Explore online resources: There are many online resources available for learning the Feldenkrais Method, including videos, audio recordings, and online classes. These can be a great way to get started and get a feel for the method, but it’s important to have guidance from a qualified practitioner for optimal results.
- Start with basic exercises: If you’re just starting out, begin with simple, gentle exercises that are easy to perform. As you become more comfortable and confident with the method, you can gradually progress to more challenging exercises.
- Be patient and consistent: The Feldenkrais Method is a slow and gentle process, and it may take time to see results. However, with consistent practice, you can experience increased awareness, mobility, and well-being.
Remember, the Feldenkrais Method is suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels, and it can be adapted to meet your individual needs and goals. By starting with simple exercises and gradually building up, you can experience the benefits of this powerful and transformative practice.